1. All regular daily parking spaces and all handicapped daily parking spaces are numbered – signs on the fence, posts, and/or the asphalt until faded.
2. The regular and handicapped daily parking fee is currently $5.32, including state sales tax.
3. Payment of the current $5.32 daily parking fee should be made a.s.a.p. after parking in an empty numbered parking space at one of the three pay stations or through the Parkmobile app. Click Daily Parking - Parkmobile at right.
• Please pay a.s.a.p. after parking and, preferably, before leaving.
• Otherwise $5.32 tickets will be left under the driver’s side wiper blade on each vehicle in daily parking spaces. The $5.32 fee becomes $15.95 on the 18th day and $31.91 on the 30th day, including the day the ticket was issued.
• The $5.32 tickets are issued between 5:30am and 12 noon on weekdays.
• There is a 10 minute grace period after the $5.32 ticket is issued, during which, if your payment is made/received at a pay station or through the Parkmobile app, the $5.32 ticket will be dismissed.
• If your payment is made or received at one of the pay stations or through the Parkmobile app more than 10 minutes after the $5.32 ticket is issued, payment is required for the $5.32 ticket as well. Please ensure the balance is received on or before 17th day after the ticket is issued – including the date the ticket is issued.
o The original fee increases to $15.95 on the 18th day after the ticket is issued.
o The original fee increases to $31.91 on the 30th day after the ticket is issued.
4. Regular and handicap daily parking spaces are available at SRRP on both sides of the tracks in spaces numbered 1-13 and 15 - 130. See GENERAL INFORMATION: Parking Categories at right.
5. Numbered daily parking spaces are on both sides of the tracks.
6. Only daily parking (numbered) and B spaces are free between the weekday hours of 12:01pm and 5:30am the following weekday morning, and all day on Saturdays, Sundays, and Town holidays.
• K spaces are never free - $25 fine + towing without additional notice 24/7.
• R spaces are reserved for restaurant use 24/7 with a 2 hour limit - $25 fine + possible towing without additional notice.
DAILY PARKING PAYMENT OPTIONS
1. Pay Stations.
• There are two pay stations in front of the Helicopter Museum on the northbound side of the tracks.
• There is one pay station between the coffee shop and restaurant entrances on the New York or southbound side.
2. Parkmobile. Commuters also have a pay by cell option – Parkmobile. Always pay immediately after parking your vehicle. See Daily Parking - Parkmobile at right.
• If the pay stations are unavailable for any reason, use Parkmobile.
• If the machines are out of order or off when snow and/or ice are forecast, use Parkmobile.
• If the card is rejected, try another card, or use Parkmobile.
• If the payment in any other way fails to process, use Parkmobile.
• If “Free Parking” is displayed and there is no holiday, use Parkmobile to confirm whether payment is required. If required, use Parkmobile to make payment.
3. Stratford Parking Enforcement patrols SRRP, issues $5.32 daily parking tickets, and enforce other all violations of SRRP guidelines. Stratford Parking Enforcement will leave a $5.32 ticket on your windshield if a payment of the $5.32 daily parking fee is not made at a pay station or through Parkmobile a.s.a.p. after parking your vehicle in an empty daily parking space.
4. If you park, you must pay.
DAILY PARKING FEE
The daily fee for parking during the restricted hours (5:30am – 12 noon) is currently $5.32 per day. This amount includes Connecticut sales tax.
1. A daily parking receipt from the pay stations is valid only for the vehicle with the license plate on the receipt to be parked in a numbered daily parking space. It is not a B or K permit.
2. Any payment through the Parkmobile app pays only for the vehicle with the license plate on the receipt to park in a daily parking space on the day the payment is made. It is not a B or K permit.
3. If payment is for one space while parked in another, payment of ticket is required.
4. If payment for space is more than 10 minutes after a ticket is issued, payment is required for that ticket in addition to the payment through Parkmobile.
5. If the current $5.32 fee is not paid at a pay station or through Parkmobile before the spaces/plate are checked for paid status, $5.32 tickets will be left under the driver’s side wiper blade on each vehicle in daily parking spaces.
1. Handicapped daily parking spaces – numbered 1 through 13 - are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis for vehicles with a valid state issued handicapped card or license plate. The fee is currently $5.32. The fine for handicapped zone violations is set by Connecticut State Law; SPE and/or SPD issues handicap parking violation tickets.
2. B permit holders with a valid state issued handicap ID placard or license plate may utilize handicapped spaces. The handicap placard must be hanging from the rear-view mirror. If there is any doubt a ticket may be issued.
To utilize daily parking:
1. Pull your vehicle into an empty numbered space.
2. Pay for the space before boarding the train.
• Use Parkmobile and pay before leaving your vehicle. See Daily Parking - Parkmobile at right.
• Pay at one of the three pay stations before boarding the train
3. If a $5.32 payment is not made at a pay station or through Parkmobile, a $5.32 ticket will be left under driver’s side wiper blade.
• Retrieve the ticket from your driver’s side windshield.
• Follow the instructions on the back of the ticket for the indicated ticket type:
• “R” or railroad tickets. Pay and mail to Town of Stratford, P.O. Box 150479, Hartford, CT 06115-0479
• “P” or police tickets. Pay to Town of Stratford and mail to Stratford Police Department, Records Division, 900 Longbrook Avenue, Stratford, CT 06614. You may pay in person at the Stratford Police Department, as well.
• Using the wrong address for payment will result in return of payments, delays and late fees
5. Missing Tickets
• If you park, you pay.
• Email your state and plate number to email@example.com within 72 hours to confirm the ticket number and amount.
• If your email inquiry about a lost/misplaced ticket is not received within 72 hours, full payment of the fee, fine and/or penalty is required when the delinquent violation notice is sent.
• Full payment of each ticket must be received within seventeen (17) calendar days, including ticket issue date, or fine increases. The fee/fine increases on the 18th and again on the 30th day, including the ticket issue date, if any unpaid balance remains. No exception for travel, postmarks, weekends, or holidays.