CDBG-CV/CARES ACT FUNDING AVAILABILITY:
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Community Planning and Development has notified the Town of Stratford that it will receive an allocation of $ 361,725 in CDBG-CV funding to be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. This allocation was authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, which was signed by President Trump on March 27, 2020, to respond to the growing effects of this historic public health crisis.
The Town of Stratford is currently accepting applications from interested nonprofit organizations and municipal government agencies for CDBG-CV funding. Applications may be completed and submitted by using the “Apply via ZoomGrants” link below.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Monday, June 1, 2020, by 4:30 PM. Applications will be assessed on the greatest need, positive impacts on the Stratford community and the quickest deployment of funds. Proposed activities must comply with all CDBG regulations, as well as CDBG-CV requirements. The CARES Act prohibits CDBG-CV funds for the duplication of benefits provided under other federal programs. All crosscutting requirements apply. For more information, please see application details and additional CDBG-CV links. Below is the approved timeline for the CDBG-CV funding planning process:
- Friday, May 15, 2020: CDBG-CV Applications Available; Combined CDBG-CV Public Notice
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 (TBA): Community Development Subcommittee (CDS) Regular Meeting and Public Needs hearing on CDBG-CV funds
- Monday, June 1, 2020 (4:30 PM): CDBG-CV Applications Due (Online Submission at www.townofstratford.com/cdbg)
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (TBA): CDS Special Meeting/Applicant Forum; CDS Develops CDBG-CV Plan/Allocations
- Friday, June 5, 2020: Public Notice for CDBG-CV Plan/Allocations and Summary; Public Comment Period Begins
- Monday, June 8, 2020 (6:15 PM): Town Council Public Hearing on CDBG-CV Allocations and Plan, 2020-2024 Con Plan and 2020 AAP
- Thursday, June 11, 2020: Public Comment Period Ends
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020 (6:00 PM): CDS Special Meeting to Address Public Comments on CDBG-CV Plan, Con Plan; make adjustments if needed
- Monday, June 22, 2020 (6:45 PM): Town Council Special Meeting to Approve CDBG-CV funding and CDBG Con Plan/2020 AAP
For additional details, instructions, or inquiries, please contact the Community Development Administrator, Chris Bandecchi: email@example.com or (203) 385-4001.
Stratford Town Hall
2725 Main Street
Stratford, CT 06615
Community Development Administrator
Phone: (203) 385-4028
Fax: (203) 381-6940
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm