South End Community Center
Winter office hours this week are Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and from 2:00 p.m. -4:00 pm.
The office is closed on Fridays.
South End Community Center's Staff
- South End Community Center Program Coordinator Ty Sims
- SECC Assistant Program Coordinator Evelyn Padilla
- K-6 Program Facilitator Gladys Hudson
- K-6 Assistant Program Facilitator Brianna Grant
- K-6 Program Van Driver Tressa Nolfi
Town of Stratford SECC Black History Month Flyer:
Meet the South End Community Center's K-5 Entry winners for “A Century of Black Life, History, and Culture” Black History Month Contest!
At the end of last year, and earlier this year, we announced that the SECC (for grades K-5) and the Stratford Library Teen Services (for grades 6-8) were co-sponsoring our annual contest in honor of Black History Month. We encouraged Stratford students to submit writings or art entries on one of our three themes (which can be seen in the above link of our BHM flyer). We have voted and are excited to share our winners below:
- 1st Place to Ny'Asia Curry-3rd grader of Wilcoxsin School in Mrs. Chacho's class.
- 2nd Place to Catie Raffaeli-3rd grader of Wilcoxsin School in Mrs. Chacho's class.
- 3rd Place to Anayah Velez-5th grader of Second Hill Lane School in Denise Dunbar's class.
- Honorable Mention to Emilia Hevenstone-4th grader of Stratford Academy Johnson House of Ms. DeLucia's class.
Please join us Saturday February 25th at 11am at Stratford Town Hall to recognize our winners! Also, we will have a special Black History dance from the Victory Praise Dance Team from Cavalry Temple Christian Center.
Summer Soiree- Summer Enrichment Program
6-week summer enrichment program for children in grades K-6. Children will participate in age-appropriate, theme based activities and weekly field trips. Program runs July 3rd to August 11th, 2017 from 9:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. with extended hours available from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Register at SECC. No mail-in registration. Space is limited. Extended hours are $30/week per child. Fee is $150/week, second child $75/week and third child $60/week. Financial Aid applications are available March 1st-April 21, 2017 (first come first served).