All About Frank DeLuca Hall of Fame Field
Before being renamed Frank DeLuca Hall of Fame Field, it previously was known as Textron Lycoming Field and AlliedSignal Field. Originally named Avco Lycoming Field and built in 1966, the field has undergone several renovations.
Thanks to the Town of Stratford and the State of Connecticut, the renovations to transform Frank DeLuca Hall of Fame Field into a state-of-the-art softball facility are nearly completed. Regular-season seating capacity is now 1,800. The section of bleachers behind home plate features six rows of club seating and seven rows of bleacher-style seating with back rests. The sections on first and third base lines are regular style bleacher seats, while three additional sections have been installed down the right field line.
Lights, a concession stand located directly behind home, restrooms a 300-car parking lot have all been added. DeLuca Field has the capability to accommodate 500 cars with an adjacent 700-car lot available for state, regional and national events. The field renovations cost approximately $1 million, all of which came from state and town funding.
Since 1988, the Stratford Brakettes women’s major fast pitch team has called Frank DeLuca Hall of Fame Field home. Prior to that, the team played at Raybestos Memorial Field, which is located in the center of town, for 40 years. Beginning in 1947, the team’s 58-year history has been a storied one. No other team has won as many national titles (26) nor world titles (3) and no other team has had more players (16) named to the National Hall of Fame.
The ballpark includes:
- Regulation softball field with a 300 foot permanent outfield fence and a 225 foot temporary fence
- 1800 seating capacity with 150 stadium seats, 225 bench seats with back rests and 1425 bleacher seats and seats for the mobility impaired
- Lighting System on field and in parking lot
- Restrooms and Concession stand
- Umpire Locker Room
- Press Box with sound system, faxing capabilities and Internet access
- 26 foot Electronic Scoreboard
- Parking lot for 300 cars with additional parking for large events
- Irrigation system
- Field Cover
- 1996 Town purchases the old AlliedSignal field
- 1997 Town names the field after ASA Hall of Famer Frank DeLuca
- 1998 Town develops a master plan for the development of the field into a softball stadium.Town allocates funds from the Pipeline Money to install a new backstop and an irrigation system.
- 1999 The Town secures funding through the efforts of State Representative John Harkins from the State of Connecticut. These funds will be used to install a new lighting system and 200-car parking lot. The Town Council approves funding to install bleachers to increase the seating capacity to 1800. The bleachers include 150 stadium seats, 225 bleacher seats with back rests and 1425 bench seats.
- 2000 The Town approves funds to build a restroom/concession building to handle the spectators.
- 2001 Honeywell donates the 5-acre parking lot adjacent to ball field to the Town of Stratford.
- 2001 SSTI, Brakettes and Connecticut Halls of Fame work together to secure funding for a museum building.
- 2002 New ticket booth constructed
- 2003 Maintenance Storage Building added
Tournaments played at Deluca Field:
DeLuca field is the home field to the following teams:
- ASA Women’s Major Fast Pitch National Tournament 1993, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2005
- ASA Women's 23 & Under Fast Pitch National Tournament 2001, 2007
- 2000 ASA Men’s Major Industrial Slow Pitch National Tournament
- 2001 ASA Men’s Over 45 Slow Pitch National Tournament
- 2001 Northeast Seaboard Women’s Fast Pitch League Tournament
- Hosted Team USA on their exhibition tour in 2000 and 2004
- ASA JO State Tourney
- CIAC State Finals
- SWC League Finals
- Collegiate Umpires HOF Tourney
- Stratford Brakettes
- Stratford Breakers
- Stratford Seahawks
- Stratford High girl’s softball team
- Stratford PAL girl’s softball teams
- Men’s Industrial Slow Pitch League
- Stratford Recreation Men’s and Coed Slow Pitch League
1000 Main Street
Stratford, CT 06615
Press Box: (203) 377-6388